Published by the Department of Archaeology in Kathmandu, Nepal, Ancient Nepal (प्राचीन नेपाल) is a journal devoted to pre-history and field archaeology in the Himalayas. Special interests include epigraphy, manuscripts, numismatics, archives, art, anthropology, architecture and museum studies. Contributions should be concise and based on hitherto unpublished data, and sent to the Director General of the Department of Archaeology.
The journal dates from October 1967 and is still soliciting contributions. The following index of the titles and authors of the Nepali articles was prepared by staff at Madan
Puraskar Pustakalya (MPP) in Kathmandu. Please note that the unevenness in
the naming and page numbering of certain articles reflects inconsistencies in
the original journal.
On account of the compression format we have used for the PDF files, we advise that you install the most recent version of Adobe Acrobat which can be downloaded by clicking here. Please send us a short email to say whether this service is of interest and utility to you. Feedback will determine whether we proceed with the digitisation of other journals of Himalayan studies.
- Full Download (2.1 MB)
- Cover and Contents (42 kb)
- नेपालको इतिहास राजभोगमाला (1.2 MB, 1-24)
- पत्रस्तम्भ (199 kb, 25-28)
- अर्घाबाट प्राप्त केही ऐतिहासिक पत्र (358 kb, 29-37)
author: शङ्करमान राजवंशी
- जलविज्ञान (दकार्गलबाट उद्धृत) (147 kb, 38-41)
author: देवीप्रसाद लंसाल
- बौद्धदर्शन (130 kb, 42-44)
author: बुद्धिसागर पराजुली
- Indo-Nepalese Relations in the Beginning of the 19th Century (1799-1801) (99 kb, 46-49)
author: Shaphalya Amatya
- About the Authors (29 kb)