Publications by members of the team about the Digital Himalaya project have appeared in a number of newsletters, magazines and books. These writings are accessible or downloadable through following the links below.
- Drew, Georgina. (2012), 'Digital Himalaya and the Collaborative Publishing Experience.' American Anthropologist, 114: 680–681. doi: 10.1111/j.1548-1433.2012.01519.x
- 'Digitizing and Distributing Visual Footage from the Himalayas', in Nepali Aawaz, 07 December, 2006; Volume 2, Number 19, p. 21.
- 'A regional ethnographic archive in the digital age', in NOW! Daily, Gangtok, Sikkim, Wednesday, 01 November, 2006; Volume 5, Number 255, p. 2.
- 'A regional ethnographic archive in the digital age (continued)', in NOW! Daily, Gangtok, Sikkim, Thursday, 02 November, 2006; Volume 5, Number 256, p. 2.
- 'Digitizing and distributing visual footage from the Himalayas', in SnowLion Newsletter, Volume 17, No. 2, p. 23.
- 'Digitizing and distributing visual resources from the Himalayas', in South Asia Newsletter: A Publication of Cornell University's South Asia Program, Spring 2003
- 'Returning Footage to the Himalayas' in Viewfinder, the magazine of the British Universities Film & Video Council (BUFVC)
- Sara Shneiderman's account of returning to Lubra in Mustang with a DVD of Haimendorf's 1962 film of the village.
- 'Haimendorf's laptop: An ethnographic archive in the digital age', in IIAS Newsletter, No. 26, November 2001, p. 20.
- 'Digital Himalaya: An Ethnographic Archive in the Digital Age', in European Bulletin of Himalayan Research (EHBR), Issue 20-1, pp.136-141.
- 'Digital Himalaya', in Interachive: Archival Practices and Sites in the Contemporary Art Field, Köln: Verlag der Buchhandlung Walter König, pp. 359-361. [ISBN 3-88375-540-0]