Published by the Department of Archaeology in Kathmandu, Nepal, Ancient Nepal (प्राचीन नेपाल) is a journal devoted to pre-history and field archaeology in the Himalayas. Special interests include epigraphy, manuscripts, numismatics, archives, art, anthropology, architecture and museum studies. Contributions should be concise and based on hitherto unpublished data, and sent to the Director General of the Department of Archaeology.
The journal dates from October 1967 and is still soliciting contributions. The following index of the titles and authors of the Nepali articles was prepared by staff at Madan
Puraskar Pustakalya (MPP) in Kathmandu. Please note that the unevenness in
the naming and page numbering of certain articles reflects inconsistencies in
the original journal.
On account of the compression format we have used for the PDF files, we advise that you install the most recent version of Adobe Acrobat which can be downloaded by clicking here. Please send us a short email to say whether this service is of interest and utility to you. Feedback will determine whether we proceed with the digitisation of other journals of Himalayan studies.
- Full Download (2.5 MB)
- Cover and Contents (88 kb)
- Report on Two Tours in Search of Sanskrit Manuscripts in Some Part s of the Kingdom of Nepal (262 kb, 1-8)
author: Prof. Dr. Albrecht Wezler
- A Report on the Structure and Conservation of the Temples of Helambu in Nepal (1.4 MB, 9-34)
author: Janak Lal Sharma, H. Shakya, T.R. Tamrakar, J. Sanday, C. Jest
- Nepal (continued) (626 kb, 35-53)
author: Sylvain Levi
- लिच्छविकालीन सभ्यता (123 kb, 54-56)
author: शङ्करमान राजवंशी
- ऐतिहासिक पत्रस्तम्भ (81 kb, 57-58)
- About the Authors (45 kb)