Published by the Department of Archaeology in Kathmandu, Nepal, Ancient Nepal (प्राचीन नेपाल) is a journal devoted to pre-history and field archaeology in the Himalayas. Special interests include epigraphy, manuscripts, numismatics, archives, art, anthropology, architecture and museum studies. Contributions should be concise and based on hitherto unpublished data, and sent to the Director General of the Department of Archaeology.
The journal dates from October 1967 and is still soliciting contributions. The following index of the titles and authors of the Nepali articles was prepared by staff at Madan
Puraskar Pustakalya (MPP) in Kathmandu. Please note that the unevenness in
the naming and page numbering of certain articles reflects inconsistencies in
the original journal.
On account of the compression format we have used for the PDF files, we advise that you install the most recent version of Adobe Acrobat which can be downloaded by clicking here. Please send us a short email to say whether this service is of interest and utility to you. Feedback will determine whether we proceed with the digitisation of other journals of Himalayan studies.
- Full Download (1.3 MB)
- Cover and Contents (52 kb)
- नरेन्द्रदेवको क्रान्ति र लिच्छविको पुनरुत्थान (146 kb, 1-4)
author: शङ्करमान राजवंशी
- ऐतिहासिक पत्रस्तम्भ (143 kb, 5-10)
- आगमानुसन्धानको सन्दर्भमा-प्रेमनिधि पन्त (449 kb, 11-25)
author: विश्वनाथ भट्टराई
- Survival of Wooden Art in Nepal: An Overview (273 kb, 1-8)
author: Ronald M. Bernier
- The Failure Of Captain Knox’s Mission In Nepal (250 kb, 9-17)
author: Shaphalya Amatya
- Sakya Token from Tilaurakot (76 kb, 18-19)
author: Babu Krishna Rijal
- About the Authors (30 kb)