Published by the Department of Archaeology in Kathmandu, Nepal, Ancient Nepal (प्राचीन नेपाल) is a journal devoted to pre-history and field archaeology in the Himalayas. Special interests include epigraphy, manuscripts, numismatics, archives, art, anthropology, architecture and museum studies. Contributions should be concise and based on hitherto unpublished data, and sent to the Director General of the Department of Archaeology.
The journal dates from October 1967 and is still soliciting contributions. The following index of the titles and authors of the Nepali articles was prepared by staff at Madan
Puraskar Pustakalya (MPP) in Kathmandu. Please note that the unevenness in
the naming and page numbering of certain articles reflects inconsistencies in
the original journal.
On account of the compression format we have used for the PDF files, we advise that you install the most recent version of Adobe Acrobat which can be downloaded by clicking here. Please send us a short email to say whether this service is of interest and utility to you. Feedback will determine whether we proceed with the digitisation of other journals of Himalayan studies.
- Full Download (4 MB)
- Cover and Contents (74 kb)
- नेपाल देशको इतिहास (गताङ्कको बाँकी) (1.6 MB, 1-32)
- ऐतिहासिक पत्रस्तम्भ (571 kb, 33-44)
- कंकेश्वरीको गूठीव्यवस्था (189 kb, 45-48)
author: शंकरमान राजवंशी
- जाजरकोटे राजा र मल्ल राजाहरूको वंशावलि (353 kb, 49-55)
author: संकलक –विश्वनाथ भट्टराई
- धार्मिक अभिलेख (गताङ्कको बाँकी) (111 kb, 56-58)
author: शङ्करमान राजवंशी
- कर्णाली प्रदेशका वर्मन् (238 kb, 59-62)
author: मोहनबहादुर मल्ल
- Nepal (continued) II Chinese and Tibetan Document (922 kb, 63-80)
author: Sylvain Levi
- About the Authors (41 kb)