Published by the Department of Archaeology in Kathmandu, Nepal, Ancient Nepal (प्राचीन नेपाल) is a journal devoted to pre-history and field archaeology in the Himalayas. Special interests include epigraphy, manuscripts, numismatics, archives, art, anthropology, architecture and museum studies. Contributions should be concise and based on hitherto unpublished data, and sent to the Director General of the Department of Archaeology.
The journal dates from October 1967 and is still soliciting contributions. The following index of the titles and authors of the Nepali articles was prepared by staff at Madan
Puraskar Pustakalya (MPP) in Kathmandu. Please note that the unevenness in
the naming and page numbering of certain articles reflects inconsistencies in
the original journal.
On account of the compression format we have used for the PDF files, we advise that you install the most recent version of Adobe Acrobat which can be downloaded by clicking here. Please send us a short email to say whether this service is of interest and utility to you. Feedback will determine whether we proceed with the digitisation of other journals of Himalayan studies.
- Full Download (3.1 MB)
- Cover and Contents (72 kb)
- नेपाल देशको इतिहास (गताङ्कको बाँकी) (661 kb, 1-14)
- ऐतिहासिक पत्र-स्तम्भ (352 kb, 15-22)
- जनकपुर अंचलको पुरातात्विक सर्वेक्षण २०२८ (489 kb, 23-35)
author: देवीप्रसाद लंसाल, राधेश्याम भट्टराई
- कर्णाली प्रदेशका पाल (120 kb, 36-38)
author: मोहनबहादुर मल्ल
- धार्मिक अभिलेख (70 kb, 39-40)
author: शंकरमान राजवंशी
- Excavation and other archaeological activities in Tilaurakot (Ancient Kapilavastu): 1973-1974 (244 kb, 41-45)
author: Babu Krishna Rijal
- Nepal (continued) (1.1 MB, 46-53)
author: Sylvain Levi
- About the Authors (55 kb)