Published by the Department of Archaeology in Kathmandu, Nepal, Ancient Nepal (प्राचीन नेपाल) is a journal devoted to pre-history and field archaeology in the Himalayas. Special interests include epigraphy, manuscripts, numismatics, archives, art, anthropology, architecture and museum studies. Contributions should be concise and based on hitherto unpublished data, and sent to the Director General of the Department of Archaeology.
The journal dates from October 1967 and is still soliciting contributions. The following index of the titles and authors of the Nepali articles was prepared by staff at Madan
Puraskar Pustakalya (MPP) in Kathmandu. Please note that the unevenness in
the naming and page numbering of certain articles reflects inconsistencies in
the original journal.
On account of the compression format we have used for the PDF files, we advise that you install the most recent version of Adobe Acrobat which can be downloaded by clicking here. Please send us a short email to say whether this service is of interest and utility to you. Feedback will determine whether we proceed with the digitisation of other journals of Himalayan studies.
- Full Download (2.8 MB)
- Cover and Contents (55 kb)
- नेपाल देशको इतिहास (गताङ्कको बाँकी) (1 MB, 1-28)
- ऐतिहासिक पत्रस्तम्भ (141 kb, 29-32)
- थारूजातिको मूलघर कहाँ ? (144 kb, 33-36)
author: श्री बाबुराम आचार्य
- नापको माध्यमको रूपमा पाथीको प्रयोग (334 kb, 37-43)
author: तारानन्द मिश्र
- गोपाल वंशावलि (438 kb, 44-55)
author: जगदीशचन्द्र रेग्मी
- कीर्तिपुर उमामहेश्वर मन्दिरस्थित सरस्वती एक अध्ययन (154 kb, 56-59)
author: हरिराम जोशी
- इतिहास शिरोमणि बाबुराम आचार्यका स्मृतिमा (366 kb, 60-61)
author: सूर्यविक्रम ज्ञवाली
- Newar Marriage Customs (153 kb, 62-63)
- About the Authors (57 kb, 63-64)