Published by the Department of Archaeology in Kathmandu, Nepal, Ancient Nepal (प्राचीन नेपाल) is a journal devoted to pre-history and field archaeology in the Himalayas. Special interests include epigraphy, manuscripts, numismatics, archives, art, anthropology, architecture and museum studies. Contributions should be concise and based on hitherto unpublished data, and sent to the Director General of the Department of Archaeology.
The journal dates from October 1967 and is still soliciting contributions. The following index of the titles and authors of the Nepali articles was prepared by staff at Madan
Puraskar Pustakalya (MPP) in Kathmandu. Please note that the unevenness in
the naming and page numbering of certain articles reflects inconsistencies in
the original journal.
On account of the compression format we have used for the PDF files, we advise that you install the most recent version of Adobe Acrobat which can be downloaded by clicking here. Please send us a short email to say whether this service is of interest and utility to you. Feedback will determine whether we proceed with the digitisation of other journals of Himalayan studies.
- Full Download (2.7 MB)
- Cover and Contents (87 kb)
- नेपाल देशको इतिहास (गत संख्या १४ को बांकी) (1.2 MB, 1-24)
- ऐतिहासिक पत्र-स्तम्भ (182 kb, 25-28)
- बुद्धपरिनिर्वाण संवत्का विषयमा नेपाली मत (84 kb, 29-30)
author: सूर्य विक्रम ज्ञवाली
- कान्तिपुर ओंबहालटोल ओंबहालबारीको शिलालेख (141 kb, 31-36)
- प्राचीन नेपालमा भिक्षुणीसंघ तथा उपासिकाको परंपरा (262 kb, 37-41)
author: तारानन्द मिश्र
- पर्वतको इतिहास (547 kb, 42-53)
author: मोहनबहादुर मल्ल
- The Rise and Development of the Baisi States (222 kb, 54-59)
author: Ramniwas Pandey
- About the Authors (30 kb)