Published by the Department of Archaeology in Kathmandu, Nepal, Ancient Nepal (प्राचीन नेपाल) is a journal devoted to pre-history and field archaeology in the Himalayas. Special interests include epigraphy, manuscripts, numismatics, archives, art, anthropology, architecture and museum studies. Contributions should be concise and based on hitherto unpublished data, and sent to the Director General of the Department of Archaeology.
The journal dates from October 1967 and is still soliciting contributions. The following index of the titles and authors of the Nepali articles was prepared by staff at Madan
Puraskar Pustakalya (MPP) in Kathmandu. Please note that the unevenness in
the naming and page numbering of certain articles reflects inconsistencies in
the original journal.
On account of the compression format we have used for the PDF files, we advise that you install the most recent version of Adobe Acrobat which can be downloaded by clicking here. Please send us a short email to say whether this service is of interest and utility to you. Feedback will determine whether we proceed with the digitisation of other journals of Himalayan studies.
- Full Download (6.2 MB)
- Cover and Contents (76 kb)
- Dated Figure of King Jayavarma, The Tradition Of Figure Making and The Historical Importance Of This Discovery (1.4 MB, 1-23)
author: Tara Nanda Mishra
- Conservation Of Shristi Kanta Lokeshwor: A Challenge For The Conservators (304 kb, 24-29)
author: Om Prakash Yadav
- बासुकी कुण्डका नागनागिनी (719 kb, 30-34)
author: जीतबहादुर मानन्धर
- गणपत्य संप्रदाय र चोभारका जलविनायक (1 MB, 35-41)
author: सरस्वती सिंह
- नीप संघशासक पशुपालक गणजाति होइन (1.3 MB, 42-51)
author: दिवाकर आचार्य
- पुरातत्त्व विभागको गतिविधि (आ. व. ०५६/५७) (1.1 MB, 52-62)
author: शोभा श्रेष्ठ
- प्रधानमन्त्री जंगबहादुर राणाको समयको नेपाल-भोट युद्धको ऐतिहासिक सामग्री (गतांकको बाँकी) (246 kb, 63-64)
- About the Authors (119 kb)