Published by the Department of Archaeology in Kathmandu, Nepal, Ancient Nepal (प्राचीन नेपाल) is a journal devoted to pre-history and field archaeology in the Himalayas. Special interests include epigraphy, manuscripts, numismatics, archives, art, anthropology, architecture and museum studies. Contributions should be concise and based on hitherto unpublished data, and sent to the Director General of the Department of Archaeology.
The journal dates from October 1967 and is still soliciting contributions. The following index of the titles and authors of the Nepali articles was prepared by staff at Madan
Puraskar Pustakalya (MPP) in Kathmandu. Please note that the unevenness in
the naming and page numbering of certain articles reflects inconsistencies in
the original journal.
On account of the compression format we have used for the PDF files, we advise that you install the most recent version of Adobe Acrobat which can be downloaded by clicking here. Please send us a short email to say whether this service is of interest and utility to you. Feedback will determine whether we proceed with the digitisation of other journals of Himalayan studies.
- Full Download (4 MB)
- Cover and Contents (97 kb)
- नेपाल देशको इतिहास (गताङ्कको बाँकी) (1.2 MB, 1-24)
- ऐतिहासिक पत्रस्तम्भ । (483 kb, 25-34)
- मकवानपुरका केही पुरातात्विक उपलब्धि (1.7 MB, 35-54)
author: साफल्य अमात्य
- लिच्छविकालीन दुइ माटाका छाप (116 kb, 55-56)
author: बाबुकृष्ण रिजाल
- अंग्रेजको आक्रमणमा पृथ्वीनारायण शाहको विजय (238 kb, 57-61)
author: मोहनप्रसाद खनाल
- Inscriptional Evidence on the Preservation of Monuments in Nepal (287 kb, 62-68)
author: Dr. N.R. Banerjee
- About the Authors (52 kb)