Published by the Department of Archaeology in Kathmandu, Nepal, Ancient Nepal (प्राचीन नेपाल) is a journal devoted to pre-history and field archaeology in the Himalayas. Special interests include epigraphy, manuscripts, numismatics, archives, art, anthropology, architecture and museum studies. Contributions should be concise and based on hitherto unpublished data, and sent to the Director General of the Department of Archaeology.
The journal dates from October 1967 and is still soliciting contributions. The following index of the titles and authors of the Nepali articles was prepared by staff at Madan
Puraskar Pustakalya (MPP) in Kathmandu. Please note that the unevenness in
the naming and page numbering of certain articles reflects inconsistencies in
the original journal.
On account of the compression format we have used for the PDF files, we advise that you install the most recent version of Adobe Acrobat which can be downloaded by clicking here. Please send us a short email to say whether this service is of interest and utility to you. Feedback will determine whether we proceed with the digitisation of other journals of Himalayan studies.
- Full Download (2.1 MB)
- Cover and Contents (62 kb)
- The Reconstruction of the Eight-Cornered Pavilion (Cyasilin Mandap) on Darbar Square in Bhaktapur-Nepal (621 kb, 1-9)
author: Niels Gutschow and Gotz Hagmuller
- Further Renovations of Svayambhunath Stupa (From the 13th to the 17th centuries) (312 kb, 10-20)
author: Dr. Franz-Karl Ehrhard
- डोल्पाका प्रसिद्ध त्रिपुरासुन्दरी भगवती (527 kb, 1-15)
author: रत्नाकर देवकोटा
- जीतबहादुर : एक उपेक्षित नेपाली कूटनीतिज्ञ (210 kb, 16-22)
author: डा. तीर्थप्रसाद मिश्र
- नाट्यशास्त्रको आवाहमा आवास पाठ खाँचो हो कि, सच्याएको हो ? (234 kb, 23-30)
author: ज्ञानमणि नेपाल
- प्रधानमन्त्री जंगबहादुर राणाका समयको नेपाल-भोट युद्धका ऐतिहासिक सामग्री (गताङ्कको बाँकी) (221 kb, 31-38)
- About the Authors (35 kb)