Published by the Department of Archaeology in Kathmandu, Nepal, Ancient Nepal (प्राचीन नेपाल) is a journal devoted to pre-history and field archaeology in the Himalayas. Special interests include epigraphy, manuscripts, numismatics, archives, art, anthropology, architecture and museum studies. Contributions should be concise and based on hitherto unpublished data, and sent to the Director General of the Department of Archaeology.
The journal dates from October 1967 and is still soliciting contributions. The following index of the titles and authors of the Nepali articles was prepared by staff at Madan
Puraskar Pustakalya (MPP) in Kathmandu. Please note that the unevenness in
the naming and page numbering of certain articles reflects inconsistencies in
the original journal.
On account of the compression format we have used for the PDF files, we advise that you install the most recent version of Adobe Acrobat which can be downloaded by clicking here. Please send us a short email to say whether this service is of interest and utility to you. Feedback will determine whether we proceed with the digitisation of other journals of Himalayan studies.
- Full Download (2.6 MB)
- Cover and Contents (96 kb)
- Pujari Math: The Background History of the Bhaktapur Development Project (300 kb, 1-7)
author: Shaphalya Amatya
- Archaeological Remains of the Dang Valley (355 kb, 8-12)
author: Dilli Raj Sharma
- Nepal (continued) (86 kb, 13-15)
author: Sylvain Levi
- नेपालको १.१ करोड वर्षअघिको रामनरवानर-नेपिथेकस्को सन्दर्भमा आदिमानवको उद्गम र उद्गमस्थल (704 kb, 1-17)
author: केदारनाथ प्रधान
- आधुनिकीकरण र ताल्तीखोलाका चेपाङहरू (266 kb, 18-23)
author: डा. गणेशमान गुरुङ्ग
- गोकर्णेश्वर महादेव मन्दिर जीर्णोद्धार (469 kb, 24-30)
author: शोभा श्रेष्ठ
- प्रधानमन्त्री जंगबहादुर राणाका समयको नेपाल-भोट युद्धको ऐतिहासिक सामग्री (गताङ्कको बाँकी) (361 kb, 31-38)
- About the Authors (56 kb)