Published by the Department of Archaeology in Kathmandu, Nepal, Ancient Nepal (प्राचीन नेपाल) is a journal devoted to pre-history and field archaeology in the Himalayas. Special interests include epigraphy, manuscripts, numismatics, archives, art, anthropology, architecture and museum studies. Contributions should be concise and based on hitherto unpublished data, and sent to the Director General of the Department of Archaeology.
The journal dates from October 1967 and is still soliciting contributions. The following index of the titles and authors of the Nepali articles was prepared by staff at Madan
Puraskar Pustakalya (MPP) in Kathmandu. Please note that the unevenness in
the naming and page numbering of certain articles reflects inconsistencies in
the original journal.
On account of the compression format we have used for the PDF files, we advise that you install the most recent version of Adobe Acrobat which can be downloaded by clicking here. Please send us a short email to say whether this service is of interest and utility to you. Feedback will determine whether we proceed with the digitisation of other journals of Himalayan studies.
- Full Download (3 MB)
- Cover and Contents (80 kb)
- Caste and Social Domination (323 kb, 1-8)
author: Shanker Thapa
- Nepal (continued) (129 kb, 9-12)
author: Sylvain Levi
- B. H. Hodgson as a factor for the fall of Bhimsen Thapa (290 kb, 13-20)
author: Ms. Rukmani Rana
- मन्थलीका माझी (697 kb, 1-15)
author: भूपहरि पौडेल
- सेनवंशी राजाहरूको ऐतिहासिक परिचर्चा र पूर्वी पहाडका केही ब्राह्मण वंश (759 kb, 16-24)
author: कुलचन्द्र कोइराला
- नेपाली मूर्तिकलामा नृत्य गणेश (329 kb, 25-29)
author: रामशरण दर्नाल
- माहिला नानीसाहेवको स्थितिलाई प्रकाश पार्ने अन्य दुई रूक्काहरू (237 kb, 30-34)
author: सुशीला मानन्धर
- प्रधानमन्त्री जंगबहादुर राणाका समयको नेपाल-भोट युद्धको ऐतिहासिक सामग्री (गताङ्कको बाँकी) (254 kb, 35-40)
- About the Authors (49 kb)