Published by the Department of Archaeology in Kathmandu, Nepal, Ancient Nepal (प्राचीन नेपाल) is a journal devoted to pre-history and field archaeology in the Himalayas. Special interests include epigraphy, manuscripts, numismatics, archives, art, anthropology, architecture and museum studies. Contributions should be concise and based on hitherto unpublished data, and sent to the Director General of the Department of Archaeology.
The journal dates from October 1967 and is still soliciting contributions. The following index of the titles and authors of the Nepali articles was prepared by staff at Madan
Puraskar Pustakalya (MPP) in Kathmandu. Please note that the unevenness in
the naming and page numbering of certain articles reflects inconsistencies in
the original journal.
On account of the compression format we have used for the PDF files, we advise that you install the most recent version of Adobe Acrobat which can be downloaded by clicking here. Please send us a short email to say whether this service is of interest and utility to you. Feedback will determine whether we proceed with the digitisation of other journals of Himalayan studies.
- Full Download (2.3 MB)
- Cover and Contents (74 kb)
- Paganism and Spiritism: A Study of Religion and Ritual in the Sherpa Society (750 kb, 1-25)
author: Dr. Ramesh Raj Kunwar
- Nepal (continued) (265 kb, 26-34)
author: Sylvain Levi
- श्री ३ जुद्ध : केही टिपोटहरू (292 kb, 1-7)
author: डा. जगदीशचन्द्र रेग्मी
- भक्तपुर तलेजुको था पूजा : एक ऐतिहािसक विश्लेषण (441 kb, 8-18)
author: पुरुषोत्तमलोचन श्रेष्ठ
- काठमाडौं मखनटोलस्थित गरुडको पादपीठ अभिलेख (372 kb, 19-24)
author: श्यामसुन्दर राजवंशी
- प्रधानमन्त्री जंगबहादुर राणाका समयको नेपाल-भोट युद्धका ऐतिहासिक सामग्री (गताङ्कको बाँकी) (153 kb, 25-28)
- About the Authors (46 kb)