Published by the Department of Archaeology in Kathmandu, Nepal, Ancient Nepal (प्राचीन नेपाल) is a journal devoted to pre-history and field archaeology in the Himalayas. Special interests include epigraphy, manuscripts, numismatics, archives, art, anthropology, architecture and museum studies. Contributions should be concise and based on hitherto unpublished data, and sent to the Director General of the Department of Archaeology.
The journal dates from October 1967 and is still soliciting contributions. The following index of the titles and authors of the Nepali articles was prepared by staff at Madan
Puraskar Pustakalya (MPP) in Kathmandu. Please note that the unevenness in
the naming and page numbering of certain articles reflects inconsistencies in
the original journal.
On account of the compression format we have used for the PDF files, we advise that you install the most recent version of Adobe Acrobat which can be downloaded by clicking here. Please send us a short email to say whether this service is of interest and utility to you. Feedback will determine whether we proceed with the digitisation of other journals of Himalayan studies.
- Full Download (3.4 MB)
- Cover and Contents (135 kb)
- Premise, Problems And Prospective of Ethnic Studies in Nepal (232 kb, 1-5)
author: Dr. Dipak Raj Pant
- The Historical Dynasties and Ancient Archaeological Sites in Nepal (620 kb, 6-15)
author: Tara Nanda Mishra
- Nepal (continued) (139 kb, 16-18)
author: Sylvain Levi
- नेपाल-निरूपण (स्वस्ति नेपालेभ्य:को शुद्ध पाठ र सही अर्थ) (884 kb, 1-14)
author: ज्ञानमणि नेपाल
- कास्की राज्यको न्यायप्रणाली (456 kb, 15-22)
author: राजाराम सुवेदी
- लोप्रा (नोप्रा?) का कागते (834 kb, 23-40)
author: भूपहरि पौडेल
- प्रधानमन्त्री जंगबहादुर राणाका समयको नेपाल-भोट युद्धका ऐतिहासिक सामग्री (गताङ्कको बाँकी) (133 kb, 41-44)
- About the Authors (48 kb)