Occasional Papers in Sociology and Anthropology
Conceived, edited and published by Tribhuvan University's Central Department of Sociology and Anthropology, the Occasional Papers in Sociology and Anthropology series dates back to 1987. Eleven volumes have been published to date, and Digital Himalaya is delighted to host the back issues of this important journal on social science in Nepal.
Please send us a short email to say whether this service is of interest and utility to you. Feedback will determine whether we proceed with the digitisation of other journals of Himalayan studies.
- Full Download (6.04 MB)
- Cover and Contents (285 kb)
- Ethnicity and Nationalism in the Nepali Context: A Perspective from Europe (1.07 MB, 1-16)
author: Uwe Kievelitz
- The Issue of National Integration in Nepal: An Ethnoregional Approach (1.19 MB, 17-38)
author: Krishna B. Bhattachan, Kailash N. Pyakuryal
- Bheja as a Strategic Cultural Convention: Community Resource Management in the Barha Magarat (1.15 MB, 39-51)
author: Suresh Dhakal
- The Rajbanshis of Rajghad: Community Adaptation in the Environment of Eastern Tarai (1.19 MB, 52-77)
author: Hari P. Bhattarai
- Kurma, Kola, and Kuri as Community Concepts: Patrilineage, Deities, and Inside-Outside Dichotomy among the Rana Tharus (1.18 MB, 78-93)
author: Ganesh Man Gurung, Tove C. Kittelsen